Sunday 17 October 2010

Lavender ideas :: How to make lavender sachets

Yesterday I had the chance to spend a lovely sunny afternoon tending to my garden. Last year, against local advice I planted some lavender bushes in my front garden. I was told that they would struggle to grow in the Brisbane climate, however, mine are growing wild and are in need of a bit of a trim.

So I started looking for ideas on how to dry my lavender flowers and stumbled across these pretty lavender ideas and images.
image by herb companion
image by wikihow
image by dog island farm
I then started to look at how to make lavender bags and found these great ideas. These printed little linen fabric bags with stamped owl images look great for children's wardrobes.
images from Meridian Ariel
images from alphamom
Also, these handprinted lavender sachets by Alphamom are just the perfect thing to make with children. If you would like to know how to make these lavender sachets just click here.

I would love to know if anyone else grows lavender in Brisbane? Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment