Tuesday 26 October 2010

Hand printed organic fabrics :: Thea & Sami

Yesterday I had the pleasure of meeting up with Thea from Thea & Sami at her amazing screen printing and design studio. Thea & Sami create hand printed natural and organic fabrics for the home.

It was a great opportunity to see the variety of designs, feel the quality of the fabrics and get an appreciation of the scale of patterns and designs.

Thea & Sami
I fell in love with these natural linen peacock party cushions. As the national bird of India they reminded me of my past travels through Rajasthan and North India. In addtion to the fabric prints Thea also creates custom-made furnishings like these lovely lamp shades.
Something else that also caught my eye was Thea's printing table. With many years of print pattern overlapping across it's surface it is a piece of artwork in its own right! If you are interested in getting creative Thea also runs screen-printing design workshops at her studio. Click here for more details.
Thea, thank you so much for your time. It was lovely to meet you and I look forward to seeing your future designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment