Thursday 7 October 2010

Daintree Eco Lodge & Spa :: Queensland, Australia

For me that Friday feeling is about dreaming of a place a world away from home. A place where you can surround yourself with the local culture, surrounding wildlife or majestic views.

To help me record my dreams and past travels I will dedicate my Fridays to unique places to stay.

What a better place to start than with my home state of Queensland. Last year my husband and I took a amazing holiday to Tropical North Queensland. We based ourselves in the Daintree area and stayed at a family owned boutique retreat called Daintree Eco Lodge and Spa. This location is the only place in the world where two World Heritage Areas meet - the Great barrier Reef and the Wet Tropics Daintree Rainforest.

Our room was a individual "Bayan" (house) nestled amongst the rainforest canopy making you feel that you are one with nature. It's hard to image form these photos the amazing sounds of the rainforest, the river below, the frogs and the calls of the birds.

Their philosophy of "nature, nuture & culture" was also taken through into the design of the Bayans, the original aboriginal artwork, traditional basket weaves and fabrics and a deck area that places yourself deep in the rainforest canopy. A truly amazing experience!
If you are like me and daydream on Fridays, feel free to let me know favorite place to escape to?

Happy Friday daydreaming,

No comments:

Post a Comment