Thursday 9 December 2010

Rae's on Wategos :: Byron Bay, NSW, Australia

My Father has now arrived safely from a rather chilly English climate which marks the start of my Christmas Holiday... Yipeee.

I am looking forward to showing my Father around Queensland and New South Wales incuding Sydney and so I have been researching places to visit and stay during December and January.

One of my favorite areas to visit from Brisbane is the Byron Bay area and beautiful Wategos beach. The beach is set in a small cove with Mount Warning (a great trek) and Julian Rocks (a great dive site) in the distance.

Set slightly back from the beach is a beautiful eclectic spa retreat called Rae's on Wategos. I have had the pleasure to dine here a few times but have never stayed as yet.

The architecture and interiors can best be described as an eclectic mix of Mediterranean, Moroccan and Asia influences and details. Each room is individually styled with a mix of courtyards, gardens terraces and balconies overlooking the beach.
The rooms have a mix of Moroccan tiled floors, built-in seating and tables, rattan chairs, beautiful timber four poster beds with linen drapes, eclectic furniture and lighting and an assortment of ceramic plant pots.
Rae's on Wategos
Byron Bay images
One day I hope to stay at this beautiful retreat... Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment