Thursday 11 November 2010

Balinese day spa :: Ikatan Day Spa, Noosa, Qld, Australia

One of the many things that I love about my work as an interior designer is that I get the opportunity to research unique places and experiences.

One of my favorite locations to travel through and research is Bali. Back in England I use to dream of travelling to tropical Bali and now that I live in Australia Bali is in easy reach. I found the culture, the people and the places I stayed truly amazing.

So can you image my surprise when I discovered a small piece of Bali within a two hour drive from Brisbane. A few years back when I was looking for a venue for my wedding I discovered Ikatan Balinese Day Spa located just outside Noosa.

Ikatan is an authentic Balinese day spa offering body treatments with natural ingredients and massages in pavilions and villlas set within mature tropical private gardens.

The style of architecture is very similar to the spa environment you will find in Bali. Even the interior decoration, cushions, fabrics, timber bowls, garden decor, doors and window frames have all been imported direct form Bali.


images courtesy of Ikatan
I believe the experience is truly authentic and the closest I have experienced to Balinese body treatments and massages outside of Bali.

If you are looking for a wedding venue or a place to escape to for a few hours I can highly recommend Ikatan. All you need to do is book in and leave your children and mobiles behind! Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment