Wednesday 26 June 2013

Patchwork Cushions :: Recycled Fabric & Denim


When I was a child I remember my Nan used to keep tins and boxes with assorted buttons, old zips, bags of fabric remnants, denim off-cuts and pieces of string. She would never through anything away if it could be recycled. I also find myself doing the same thing especially since I have a lot of samples leftover from projects.

So what a great way to use up those samples fabric pieces and create your own original cushion designs! 

These lovely cushions featured are by textile designers Cloth Fabric in Sydney. They patch their textile own remnants, composed in colour combinations that work really well together and create a new family of products.

images via Cloth Fabric
Just goes to show it is better to gather and recycle than to throw away!

Have fun

No comments:

Post a Comment