Well the days are quickly ticking away until we go and there is still much preparation and research still to do...
However to get me into the beach vibe and as I still have not left sunny Australia today I tam traveling to a location that my husband has always wanted to go... Ningaloo Reef.
And what a better way to experience this beautiful National Park and beach environment than to stay in these eco retreats and glamping tents right on the beach at Sal Sails.
What's great about this retreat is that the whole experience is built around ecological principles to ensure that your stay generates minimal environmental impact and the only thing you leave behind is your footprint in the sand! For example...
- Each wilderness tent is built on a raised deck to allow for coastal breezes to naturally cool the rooms.
- The African Style tent colour allows the retreat to blend in naturally with the surrounding pristine environment.
- All power is 100% solar.
- All recycling and waste is returned to Exmouth recycle depot.
- The en-suite room at the rear of the tent is open to the surrounding environment and fitted with a solar hot water, a hand pumped shower and a Nature Loo or composting toilet.
|images from Sal Sails|
- All linen is supplied by Eco Down Under which is organic cotton and chemical free.
- Sheets are a sand colour and are not bleached to maintain pure whiteness. Their composition means that they can be hung dry and eliminate the need for ironing!
Not bad for a luxury tent retreat!