Thursday 5 May 2011

The Bakery Cottage :: Whitstable, Kent

I am staying with family in Whitstable, Kent and one of my favourite past times is strolling along the beach and checking out all the beachside cottages.

For those of you who have not had the pleasure of visiting this beautiful part of the Kent coast, Whitstable is still a traditional fishing village and renowned for its coloured beach huts and cute seaside cottages that line the pebbled beaches.

One such property is a beautifully restored Bakery nestled amongst a line of traditional terraced houses in Suffolk Street. To retain it's 1950's character the cottage is decorated with 50's and 60's furniture, wrought iron beds and white wash timber throughout.
It also comes with a private shingle and cobble stone courtyard garden. 
I miss those lovely courtyards!

If you are looking for a cottage in Whitstable you can check out prices here.

I did go wild with my camera and have loads more images on my beach finds for next week. Off to Grand Designs Live tomorrow.

Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment