Sunday 10 April 2011

Small bathroom renovation :: Before

I thought today I would share with you one of my current projects.

A few years ago we carried out a major reconstruction of our home prior to moving in. As we had only a few weeks for the reconstruction / renovation and needed a site bathroom facility for the contractors we left our small bathroom to be renovated at a later date.

The time has come to say goodbye to the old bathroom and start the design and build process.

Firstly I start with taking some photos, measure the area and create a brief.
The before photo! Hmmmmm small bathroom...  
The existing bathroom plan

My brief is to design a bathroom that:

  • Can be used by both young families and working couples.
  • Is a relaxing bathroom experience when the lights are low.
  • Uses recycled finishes and furniture where possible.
  • Uses energy and water saving fittings.
  • Creates maximum effect on a small budget.

As you can see from the images this bathroom is very small and probably the smallest bathroom I have had to design! Let the challenge commence...

If you have renovated a small bathroom recently I would love to hear of your stories.

Will update next week. Have a great week.


No comments:

Post a Comment