Friday 11 May 2012

Natural Wall Decoration Ideas :: Leaves


I have just got back from my travels but have so much more to tell you about the interesting things I found around Japan. 

Interiors in Japan appear to take on a more natural tone with the use of light coloured finishes, natural finishes like timber and tatami flooring and indoor / outdoor garden courtyard views.

One interesting concept was the use of nature for decoration which I discovered whilst on a hike between the towns of Magome and Tsumago in the Kiso Valley. I stumbled across this cute store that literally brought nature into the environment by using dried leaves stuck to the wall for decoration adding warmth to the room. 
To keep the leaves in place on the rough plaster surface it looked like they had been added to the wall whilst the paint was still wet but on closer inspection I found that they had also repaired a few with double sided sticky tape. Still, saves on buying wall paper or wall decals!


Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment