Thursday 16 June 2011

Glamping & Luxury Tents :: Aman-i-Khas, Rajasthan


I am off on a leadership training weekend today and camping is going to be only form of accommodation... I do love sleeping outdoors but given the choice between my two-man tent or glamping I am afraid I would have to choose the creature comforts of glamorous camping.

So this has given me an idea to research what is out there in the way of luxury tents  and checking some out on my next travels.

The first one that captures my eye is Aman-i-Khas. This is a wilderness camp of 10 air-conditioned tents surrounded by the Aravalli Hills and located on the edge of Rajasthan's Ranthambore National Park in India. 

I have actually been to this National Park a few years before this beautiful resort was built. Never mind... maybe next time.
images via Aman-i-Khas
As you can see from these photos each tent is like a luxury apartment surrounded by soaring canopies of fabric draped in a Moghul style. 

I am sure from my past experience with this level of accommodation in India, the level of service and attention to detail will be impeccable. Also one can not forget the amazing peace and tranquility that comes with staying in a National Park and the chance to see a Tiger from the back of an elephant.

If I return to India this would definitely be on my bucket list for places to stay.

Have fun this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment